- Never store a battery in a discharged state.
- Always recharge your battery after use, especially if it is going to be stored.
- A fully charged battery should measure 12.7 – 12.8 volts
(when disconnected from the charger.)
- At 12.0 volts, a battery has lost 60% of its capacity and is considered discharged.
- Always ensure that the battery capacity is sufficient for the application.
- Always use the battery for the application for which it was designed.
- Battery application categories may be loosely classified as follows: automotive, deep cycle, uninterruptible power supply, traction, motive power, renewable energy.
- For greater life expectancy, do not use automotive batteries in cyclic applications.